Sunday, July 12, 2009

whole basket of lemons



i feel like that's what i've got right now-a whole lot o' lemons and life is tastin' fairly sour. some of my current lemons include a VERY leaky car and a dad that doesn't seem to understand how unsafe i feel driving it, fox-like church drama that makes me super frustrated, having an awkward work schedule and not being able to visit my friends or my grandmother who is really starting to age, and trying to understand and put into practice this balance between grace and living in obedience.

these are my lemons and, right now, i'd trade this basket to be back at cbu taking a stinkin hard critical care test. but i'm supposed to be here. while i hate it so often because my circumstances distract me for the wonders of God around me, He has me here-at least for now. so some classic sayings (as well as countless scriptures) will get me through this rather sour summer; "whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger" and "when life throws you lemons, make lemonade."


i will hopefully be bringing you some lemonade soon; i'm still trying to find the sugar to make this amount of sour juice sweet enough. obviously, the grace of Jesus Christ shown on the cross should make my heart leap for joy, but like i said, i'm distracted by these circumstances. so, in words of the redeemed paul, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."



1 comment:

Justine said...

Can you please make sure the sugar is fair trade?