Friday, March 2, 2012

happy birthday, dr. seuss!


dr. seuss was one of my favorite authors as a child.
i mean, could imagine a world without green eggs and ham?
and let's not forget my personal favorite, cindy lou hoo.
i'm glad we have a day to celebrate the children's author who didn't really like kids.


i'm back on a reading kick,
something i've missed over the past few months.

it may be due to the fact that we have no sofa at present
and that watching tv in the living room has no real pleasure.
or it could be that i've been re-reading the hunger games.



the hunger games.
why is this series so good?
anyway, i'm grateful for suzanne collins.
maybe we'll celebrate her birthday in america one day.


this time through this book series,
i'm seeing way too many parallels between
 america and the capitol, the rest of the world and panem.
i know the books is supposed to have political connotations,
but it's really hitting me this time.


maybe it's because i need to be convicted of my consumerism
or maybe i just over think things.
either way, i'm grateful.

while i love reading about different theologies,
it's hard for me to read at work simple because 
my mind has to be so engaged.
i mean, have you tried to read piper or spurgeon at 3am?

any suggestions on good fiction i should read?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love, love, LOVE Dr. Seuss! We're reading Green Eggs and Ham in my class now! Sorry, I don't really have any good fiction recs. I haven't been doing uch reading the last 2 years. Well, not books in print anyway! Happy reading!