Sunday, July 20, 2014

prayer: the greater work

"prayer doesn't prepare you for the greater work;
prayer is the greater work."


my late grandmother penned that in her journal years ago.
in her later years, she would spend much of the day praying 
for lists and lists of people and ministries.
my mom must have learned the value of prayer from her
because every morning as a child, 
i remember my mom on her knees praying.
i knew that it was a sacred time.

unlike these matriarchs in my family,
i all too often trivialize prayer.
i'm all too quick to say "i'll pray for you."
and i will. a couple of times. and sometimes half heartedly.
but isn't prayer bigger than that?

i know that it is.
and i know that ministry is often futile without prayer.


as i head overseas, i'm beginning to see how crucial prayer is.
in fact, i'm craving time with Jesus.
and i've been praying for a good time of preparation, a ready heart to serve, and for the Lord the pave the way before me.

but i have a really big favor:
will you pray with and for me?
south asia is a very spiritual place and i know that i can't go and serve there without people here holding the rope through prayer.
and as important as financial support, 
i need prayer support even more.

if you are able to commit to praying with and for me, 
will you let me know?
comment below, 
send me a facebook message, 
or email me at cindymovestoindia@gmail.com.


prayer is a big deal.
it is the greater work



cincerely,

cindy




No comments: