some observations about acts now that i'm about half way through:
- followers of Christ are called out, no fear of ridicule or rebuttal from "the other side." (acts 5:3-4)
- the Holy Spirit worked in mighty wasy in spite of these people the Father had called unto Himself (acts.)
- there were not only physical transformations (3:6-8), but there were cultural shifts that continue to astound me, (8:4-8, 10:44-48), as well as countless spiritual transformations (2:1-4, 9:1-31)
- followers of Christ took time to be in awe of the workings of God (11:17-18)
- do you remember phillip? i sure hadn't! he is my new hero, (not superhero, like Jesus ;)). i mean, when talking about a frontier missionary, one should really reference phillip-he started it all! (8:4-40)
- it says that they taught about the Lord Jesus as they went places and people believed and were saved. (11:20-21) dude, what if that's all we taught in churches around the world-the LORD JESUS!? biblically, it seems as He alone has the power to save!
- a friend told me to live in faith, not in fear. this is completely exemplified by the apostles and followers of Christ as they were obedient to the Holy Spirit, trusting in the faithful God (acts.)