i like reading. i also like books, so i have this horrible tendency to buy books, and then they sit on a shelf for a really long time.
i'm excited to read more. throughout nursing school, i just didn't have the mental capacity to read for pleasure, so i'm excited to be able to do this again. below, i'm listing some of the books i want to read this year. i'm trying not to repeat authors so that i can read different styles and be challenged to think for myself. here we go:
- finish living the cross centered life by c.j. mahaney. it's a book that is kicking my butt, but i love it.
- peace child by don richardson
- into the depths of God by calvin miller
- worship matters by bob kauflin
- the great omission by dallas willard
- fifty reasons why Jesus came to die by john piper (you knew i'd read one from him, now didn't y'all?)
- forgotten God by francis chan
- either the four loves or the problem of pain by c.s. lewis
- persuasion by jane austin
- potentially finish irresistible revolution (i really love this book, but, as i've blogged before, i get impatient while reading it)
clearly, this does not add up to 12. what other books should i dive into? suggestions are very welcome.