Monday, February 23, 2009

psalm 25

"Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart are enlarged; bring me out of my distresses. my affliction and my trouble, and forgive all my sins."

i felt this way as of late. selfishly, i think that no one can related to where i am and where i desire to go. while i have many friends who desire to minister overseas, many of them are graduating soon and already have avenues in which to go. i, on the other hand, have another 3 semesters to complete and don't have any agencies in mind to go with. i know i don't have to go with an agency, i just want to at first (at least for now).

i was able to be in a setting surrounded by people who feel the same way or who have gone through similar things and it was more of a blessing than i could have pictured. it gave me hope and the strength, not simply to wait, but to wait on God and His timing. i was reminded that this is a time of preparation in so many different ways and that i should be joyful in this time of training.

"Make me to know your ways, O LORD; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long... Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in what is right, and teaches the humble his way. All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies."

i will rest in this. i know i seem convinced that i will get to go overseas, but i hope that God will make me moldable to whatever He desires for me. i pray that he will redirect my focus to minister to the sick, the helpless, and the blind here especially while i am here. so until the day comes when He calls me to distant shores, i will rest in this:

"Oh, guard my soul, and deliver me! Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you."








"For [South Asia] will be filled
with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD
as the waters cover the sea."
Habakkuk 2:14

No comments: