Tuesday, December 15, 2009

(insert title here)

my dad called about two hours ago and told me my uncle died.

two uncles in one year. awesome.


i haven't cried yet. this time it was more expected. he has been sick for a long time. but dude, i still can't believe it.



i rejoice greatly that when i think about this man, i think of matthew 5:5 when Jesus says, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." or even romans 12:16 and 18, "Live in harmony..." and "live peaceably with all."

i rejoice that he loves Jesus and acknowledges Him not only as Savior, but as Lord!

i rejoice that God took a hold of his life for a purpose.



however, my heart aches for my aunt and my family who seem so far away right now. i don't want to finish finals, but i want to race to redding to see them and pray with them and simple be. no, we weren't super close. i'm sure my sister and mom are tore up, but it doesn't make the pain any less. i must find strength and peace that God will comfort them in ways that i never can.



there. i cried.