Tuesday, August 17, 2010

over-due update

that title is kind of a lie. this won't be much of an update, but here's what i got


  • i finished my last day of work with the city of san mateo on august 6th after nine years of being an employee.
  • i went to socal that monday through wednesday. i hung out with lots of amazing people. a blog will be headed your way eventually with more details about it.
  • my bridesmaid dress came in. let's not lie, tool and pockets are amazing
  • my mom is having surgery in less than a week. and then at the beginning of this coming year, she'll be laid off. so my parents are SERIOUSLY considering moving and renting us the house. whoa.
  • i went on another mini-holiday with a "random" group of friends on the weekend. we camped in pacific at a friend's house, talked about sea kayaking, hung out with a nepali, and had a basically amazing time.
  • my sister's computer is also void of wireless capability, so internet access is not too often. if something is going on in your life that you've blogged about, please forgive me for not commenting or dropping a line.
  • i started a full-tim job as an rn yesterday. i am overwhelmed with information and gratitude to the Father! i also found out that one of my co-workers is a believer-PTL!

other than this, life has been same-same. i feel like i'm sinking, though. there is so much going on, that i feel like i can't get my feet steady. praise God for His faithfulness; this morning i read psalm 69, (it's kinda long, so i'm just putting the parts that stuck out to me, but you should for sure read it!):

Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire,
where there is no foothold;
I have come into deep waters,
and the flood sweeps over me.
I am weary with my crying out;
my throat is parched.
My eyes grow dim
with waiting for my God.


O God, you know my folly;
the wrongs I have done are not hidden from you.



For it is for your sake that I have borne reproach,
that dishonor has covered my face.


But as for me, my prayer is to you, O LORD.
At an acceptable time, O God,
in the abundance of your steadfast love answer me in your saving faithfulness.
Deliver me from sinking in the mire;
let me be delivered from my enemies
and from the deep waters.

Let not the flood sweep over me,
or the deep swallow me up,
or the pit close its mouth over me.

Answer me, O LORD, for your steadfast love is good;
according to your abundant mercy, turn to me.
Hide not your face from your servant;
for I am in distress; make haste to answer me.

Draw near to my soul, redeem me;


But I am afflicted and in pain;
let your salvation, O God, set me on high!
I willpraise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Let heaven and earth praise him,
the seas and everything that moves in them.

1 comment:

Emily Tucker said...

kind of hope the parentals rent you there house because there is so much potential there