Sunday, August 1, 2010

motto of Sisters of the Common Life

this is the motto/vow amy carmichael and other women, both foreign and national, took.  from a chance to die (pp. 241-242):

My vow.
whatsoever Thou sayest unto me, by Thy grace I will do it.

My constraint.
Thy love, O Christ, my Lord.

My Confidence.
Thou art able to keep that which I have committed unto Thee.

My Joy.
To do Thy will, O God.

My Discipline.
That which I would not choose, but which Thy love appoints.

My Prayer.
Conform my will to Thine.

My Motto.
Love to live, live to love.

My Portion.
The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance.
Teach us, good Lord, to serve Thee as Thou deservest; to give and not to count the cost; to fight and not to heed the wounds; to toil and not to seek for rest; to labor and not to ask for any reqard save that of knowing that we do Thy will, O Lord our God.







who needs resolved statements when you could have this?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no joke! edwards can straight hop in the back seat... ;)