- -this is the first summer since jr. high (thirteen years!) that i haven't been to hume lake. and ya know, i didn't really miss it. sure, i missed my friends and the sights, but i don't miss the inevitable drama or poorly represented gospel. chapter: closed.
- -i finally learned how to ride a bike!!! yes, old news for consistent readers, but honest, this has been something i have wanted to conquer for years. to get on a bike for the first time since i was-seven?-is pretty awesome. chapter: beginning
- -i didn't get injured at the pool this summer! the other injuries and issues are piled high, but uh, yea...
- -this is the first summer i am totally serious about not working at the pool next summer and the first time i actually had good conversations with my co-workers about Jesus.
- -i finally branched out and went overseas with a group other than cbu or church. there were still connections with school and think i need those kind of connections in life, but what a great "experience."
- -for the first time i've been so grieved to leave my friends from church. i mean, i always miss them and what's been going on, but really, this time, i'm going to miss their company and conversations.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
summer of firsts
this has been a summer of firsts to be sure.