Friday, July 9, 2010

mush pot-take 2

as i previously blogged, my mind feels like mush. i feel like i'm in the middle of a circle watching everyone else play a game and i'm stuck in the middle, watching and waiting.

while friends are amazing at letting me process, it seems like scripture and song lyrics are my main comfort. now, i know some would hate on the "song lyrics" part. and i do to, to an extent. but the reality is, singing songs to God allows one to express praise and adoration, as well as lament.


so here's a sampling of what i'm listening to as of late. i hope they inspire you to run to Christ and fall at His feet.


In your ocean, I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashin' on my feet
It's like I know where I need to be
But I can't figure out, yeah I can't figure out...
Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful


(source)


Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone
And live so all might see
The strength to follow Your commands
Could never come from me.
Oh Father, use my ransomed life
In any way You choose.
And let my song forever be
My only boast is You.
Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life




Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
fast bound in sin and nature's night;
thine eye diffused a quickening ray;
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;


my chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed thee.


Amazing love, how can it be?
that Thou my God would die for me?

(source)

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


Your cross testifies in grace
Tells of the Father's heart to make a way for us
Now boldly we approach
Not by earthly confidence
It's only Your blood
What can wash away our sins?
What can make us whole again?

Nothing but the blood
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can wash us pure as snow?
Welcomed as the friends of God
Nothing but Your blood
Nothing but Your blood King Jesus

(source)



When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

It is well with my soul,
it is well, it is well with my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!














praise be to God alone!



No comments: